Position Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all assignments in accordance with established food safety and quality policies; including all USDA, FDA, WDA and SQF Guidelines to ensure food safety.
• Manage a workforce of 10+ employees to ensure that food processing equipment is sanitized daily in accordance with Company, Plant, SQF, USDA, WDA and FDA regulations
• Ensure safe work practices are utilized
• Submit payroll and benefits information weekly
• Maintain inventory and order replacement detergents and sanitizing chemicals
• Maintain regular contact with his/ her direct supervisor
• Must be knowledgeable in safe work practices
• Will have excellent organizational skills
• Be motivated and be a self-starter
• Will have excellent communication and skills
• Must work productively with little supervision
• Ensure Food Safety.
Competencies / Qualifications / Education / Experience / Development
• High school diploma or equivalent schooling.
• Experience as a sanitation manager or supervisor in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Good paperwork documenting skills.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend documents relating to the job.
• Effectively communicate with individuals of all levels, both internally and externally.
• Ability to work effectively, courteously, and respectively with other employees.
• Able to lift and move 20-80 pounds on a regular basis.
• Able to bend, stoop, and reach using both hands as required to completing job tasks.
• Ability to complete a variety of activities including standing, lifting, walking and pushing carts.
• Will come in early and stay late when needed.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
• Full-time; 45 hours per week
• Hours will vary; however, typical work hours are 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
• Weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays) as required
• Employee will be exposed to temperatures of 40⁰F to 60⁰F for the duration of the scheduled shift.
• Noise level in the work environment is moderate.