Position Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all assignments in accordance with established food safety and quality policies; including all USDA, FDA, WDA and SQF Guidelines to ensure food safety.
• The Production Supervisor provides safety and servant-based leadership to achieve breakthrough production results on a specific production system.
• Oversee all production lines and ensure employees under direct supervision are performing satisfactorily, meeting production and quality goals.
• Ensure production meets necessary quotas for output.
• This position requires attention to all aspects of the employee’s duties that impact food quality and safety.
• The employee is expected to follow all Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
• The employee is expected to report all concerns about food quality and safety to his/ her immediate supervisor.
• This position is also responsible for all aspects of the food safety and quality program, including the Business Continuity Plan, that are related to the employee’s duties.
• Reviews production orders and ensures that production schedules are met.
• Organizes and assigns work and supervises and assists employees in the performance of the work.
• Anticipates and resolves personnel problems to minimize production issues.
• Maintains good housekeeping and enforces safe work practices
• Responsible for communicating changes/ schedules to production employees.
• Ensures that product specifications and requirements are met via quality specification control measurements
• Identifies problems or bottlenecks on the production line and resolves issues
• Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain and meet production schedules
• Ensure all daily manufacturing documents are completed and are accurate.
• Ensure that team members are working in accordance with established food safety guidelines.
• Demonstrate and display appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive influence on employees.
• Complies and enforces that safety standards and methods (e.g. lock out/ tag out, proper lifting techniques, etc.) are being followed.
• Ensure smooth running of production lines.
• Owns Daily Direction Setting process including:
o Lead the development and execution of the Plan for the Day – including development and hand-off of plan for off shifts
o Health of CIL system
o Implementation and evolution of Planned Stops
Competencies / Qualifications / Education / Experience / Development
• Four-year degree from college or university and/ or five years of production experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Possess at least 2 years of production supervisory experience, preferably in a food manufacturing facility.
• Able to adapt to changing production schedules and ensure resources are available on an ad-hoc basis.
• Standard computer skills necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and its application
• Ability to troubleshoot problems
Able to lift 50 lbs continuously. Stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, reach, twist repeatedly. Wear PPE. Handle products in different temperature ranges.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
• Full-Time, 40 hours per week
• First shift hours: Approx. 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Second shift hours: Approx. 3:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
• Work may demand employees to work Saturday and Sunday shifts, as assigned