Production Line Coordinator
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all assignments in accordance with established food safety and quality policies; including all USDA, FDA, WDA and SQF Guidelines to ensure food safety.
• To ensure the production line and all related machinery runs effectively and efficiently, on a daily basis.
• Attention to all aspects of the employee’s duties that impact food quality and safety.
• The employee is expected to follow all Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
• Report all concerns about food quality and safety to his/ her immediate supervisor.
• Possess the ability to start up, shut down and make setting changes to the production line and all related equipment.
• Ensure ingredients are brought to the production line, and finished product is taken to the freezer in a timely manner.
• Watches over quality aspect of the entire production line to ensure a quality product is going into the freezer, by continually monitoring Q.A. paperwork and product appearance.
• Work with line employees to keep product in specification.
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
• Perform any/ all duties as directed by a Supervisor, within safe working conditions.
Competencies / Qualifications / Education / Experience / Development
• High school diploma or equivalent schooling preferred.
• Good paperwork documenting skills.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and its applications.
• Good attention to detail
• Mechanically inclined
• Forklift certified (Optional)
• Standing for long periods.
• Frequent reaching above shoulder.
• Frequent twisting, turning & bending.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Will come in early and stay late when needed.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
• Full-Time, 40 hours per week
• First shift hours: Approx. 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Second shift hours: Approx. 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
• Work may demand employees to work Saturday shifts, as assigned
• Able to tolerate extreme changes in temperature for the duration of the scheduled shift.
• Noise level in the work environment is moderate