Position Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all assignments in accordance with established food safety and quality policies; including all USDA, FDA, WDA and SQF Guidelines to ensure food safety.
- Verify and record daily quantities of raw materials, packaging and finished goods in warehouse/ cooler/ freezer areas.
- Perform daily, monthly and annual physical inventories to ensure accuracies.
- Rotate all ingredients, packaging, and finished goods in “first in, first out” basis.
- Complies with work rules and standards set forth in the employee handbook.
- Display appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings, providing a positive influence on employees.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned work sites.
- Work with Shipping/ Receiving Department when primary duties have been completed for the day.
- Perform any/ all duties as directed by Supervisor, within safe working conditions.
Competencies / Qualifications / Education / Experience / Development
- High school diploma; higher education is preferred.
- 2+ years experience working with forklifts or related tow motors preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years experience working in a warehouse environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to understand bill of ladings.
- Employee must complete forklift certification and pass company tests.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and its applications.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend documents relating to the job.
- Effectively communicate with individuals of all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively, courteously, and respectively with other employees.
- Standing for long periods.
- Frequent reaching above shoulders.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Second shift hours: Approx. 4:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Work may demand employees to work Saturday shifts, as assigned
- Employee will be exposed to temperatures of -10 to 50 degrees on a regular basis.
- Required to wear all relevant company issued P.P.E. when operating a forklift or working in cooler/ freezer.