Off-Shift Maintenance Technician
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Highly diversified duties include troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and improving production and facility equipment using safe work practices, predictive and preventive maintenance systems, and creative ability. Must be able to read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service, perform preventive maintenance on production and facility equipment, use a variety of hand-powered tools, comply with safety regulations, and maintain a clean and orderly work area. Effectively communicates equipment issues and resolution to operators and management. Train operators to help them resolve simple breakdowns. Ideal candidates must be able to work independently with self-direction as well as in a team environment.
• Practicing safe work habits and abiding by safety rules in accordance with Infinity policies.
• Preventive and predictive maintenance.
• Scheduled maintenance.
• Corrective and emergency repairs.
• Diagnose and implement corrective actions to problems.
• Logging all work performed and recording downtime during repair.
• Consults with maintenance manager regarding maintenance problems, design deficiencies, and operational problems.
Competencies / Qualifications / Education / Experience / Development
• Associates degree in Industrial Mechanical Technology or Electronics and Instrumentation Preferred
• Equivalent knowledge and experience is acceptable.
• Prefer 2-5 years experience in maintenance, electro-mechanical, or E&I.
• Excellent troubleshooting experience including electrical, controls, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, VFD’s, and motor controls.
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.
Additional Core Requirements:
• Provides a high level of support during the shift to maintain equipment uptime.
• Must be able to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, and the like with agility.
• Performs work in areas subject to hazards such as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and/or chemicals.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner as described in safety procedure manuals. Follows lock out / tag out procedures as needed to insure safe work practices.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Walk on occasions around the plant and facility, up and down stairs, and able to wear protective equipment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs, and on occasions, more.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position
There are currently two night shift positions open (5:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.; rotating schedule)